RAY BEAR'S FLANK STEAK MARINADE
2 LARGE onions, finely chopped 1/8 cup of (fresh) garlic cloves
1 cup of liquid PALM sugar
1 1/2 cups of water
4 T. of cracked black pepper 1/3 cup sea salt
1/4 cup of light Soy sauce
- Puree/blender all ingredients first.
- Then place flank steak in shallow pan with marinade and leave in refrigerator in sealed container for at least 2 days, turning occasionally.
- Take out and dab on paper towel and return to fridge
- uncovered to "dry" for 12+ hours. After the drying time,
- brush a caste iron pan with olive oil & get very hot
- (so a water drop will sizzle), them fast sear the steak 2-3 on each side.
- Slice into thin strips & serve cold on arugula or mixed field greens.